Thursday, October 16, 2014

Intelligence

Coursera: The Future of Education
Activity 2.5. What is intelligence?

  • During your own education, how has your "intelligence" been assessed?
Through my first years of school (elementary, junior school and highschool) it was mostly tests. Traditional methodologies were used by my teachers.

  • How has this affected the educational opportunities you have been given? 
 It is a big change to face learning through practice and applications, though it should be the most efficient way, it takes time and effort to get used to new ways of learning, thinking and participating when the brain is used to memorize everything and forget about it the next day.

  • What judgments have people made about you that have been affected by an assessment of your "intelligence"?
I have been told to be shy and not self-confident. Beeing a young researcher among very experienced persons sometimes makes me feel in a very competitive environment and it does affects my motivation but I've never been judged by any assessment. 

  • Do you consider yourself to be a "learner"? Why?
I try, so I belive half of the job is done. Everytime I get myself into a learning process I end up wanting more, it's easy for me to get excited about all new and old stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment